Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Jeers & Cheers for July 5th

I'm going to start with the jeers first. I'm in that kind of mood.

Jeers to Kevin Durant for leaving OKC. Yeah, I know you think it's best for you but you know it's going to gnaw at you that you let so many people down. So many believed you'd stay here. Yeah...I get it...you need to start a new chapter in this book you're writing called life I understand but it's a lot to ask us to be okay with this. I'm sure after a couple years we'll be all fine. I don't think I can cheer you on in another city though. I'd like to but I just don't think it's going to happen.  Also, as you don't know, I'm in the pre-owned T-shirt business. Do you know what this is going to do to me financially? People are NOT going to want to buy you anymore...well, your face anyway. I wish I had had a heads up; maybe I could have put more up of you (on eBay) before all this shit hit the fan. Yeah, I'm thinking of me. It's business. Nothing personal. I'd like to say I hope things work out for you as you are hoping they will. But that wouldn't be very truthful. So whatever. 

Jeers to the City of Edmond for a less than entertaining firework show. Yeah, I know...something went awry and people were hurt but ...these were professionals? Sure it's not the worse thing to happen to me today (thanks Kev) but I was just disappointed again. Guess there's always next year.

Jeers to people who are NOT morning people. I'm grumpy right now but I would still say "good morning" to you. Actually I did. 

Jeers to that fine line between crazy and just plain goofy. I'd like to think Im the latter but I am sure there are people in my neighborhood who would question that. Just because every morning at 6am you will see me taking my dog for a run. Well, she runs; I ride my adult tricycle while holding her lease in my left hand. I have to keep my right hand on the handle bar so I can brake fairly quickly. I know I look a little cra cra...a middle aged breastless lady riding a tryc. That in itself is a little over the top. But humor me. I'm not crazy. I swear.

Cheers to being up and out at 6am to take my dog for a walk. The morningness is so awesome. It's still on the hot side but there's often a cool breeze. And the best thing for me: NO sun shining into my very soul. I absolutely hate the sun...I'm sad to say because I know so many worship it but it makes me miserable. It changes my whole dispostion. The sun makes me cranky.

Cheers to my husband Philip who goes to work each morning to do something he's not all that crazy about. He's got a lot of stress and I so want to take some of that away but I can't...except I did hang his laundry after I washed it. I used to just wash it  and left it to him to hang and put away. ( I did fold it, too.)  If you work with Phil, please be extra nice because he's doing the job of more than one person and the process of not handling stress so well makes him a little preoccupied. 

Cheers to my Facebook Friends for reading this blog. You all rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment